6 Reasons Why I Should Be On The Next Reality TV Show
One of the headlines on the news last night was Bravo Confirms Reality Show Comes to Minot. I laughed out loud, not even joking. LOL literally happened right then and there. For one, there has never been a reality tv show to take place anywhere in North Dakota. Why? Because everyone thinks ND is cold, flat, boring, and one big farm. Side note: It is snowing right now so there's that. But you may have heard about the current oil boom happening in Western ND right now. And if you haven't, you probably live under a rock because it's been national news ever since it was discovered. As a result of this oil situation, people from all over the country are heading to Western ND for work and to make big money. Bravo says they are "looking for people who moved here unexpectedly to make it big in the Magic City". They're going to call the show Why Not, Minot?
Well it got me thinking. We moved here unexpectedly (for a temporary job situation, not necessarily to "make it big", but small detail). We live in this current melting pot. I even caught myself saying to people "why not, Minot" before we moved here. I could totally be a reality tv star on this show!Why not?
6 Reasons Why I Should Be On The Next Reality TV Show:
1. I'm emotional. Let's face it, every reality show needs a sensitive, wear-my-heart-on-my-sleeve girl. I cry easy, I get my feelings hurt, and I worry way too much about what other people think of me. Check check and check!
2. I'm funny. Oh wait, maybe only I think so. Whatever.
3. I've watched my fair share of The Bachelor, House Hunters, Real World, Teen Mom, and other garbage. I'm well-researched and know how these things work.
4. I'm indecisive. Seriously, ask me what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow and I'll try on 3 different tops before putting back on the one I had on in the first place. No one likes to watch people live their lives when they never struggle to decide what drink to make or which load of laundry to do first.
5. I don't mind having a drink or two and am not picky. Obviously drinking happens on reality tv shows and I would be willing to drink anything from wine to beer to martinis to wine coolers. This one might be tough for me but it's just a sacrifice I'll have to make. That's show-biz, people.
6. I can dance. Think about it, nearly every reality show has some sort of night club scene, dance party, or solo session and ... I got the moves.
I'd love to share more but I need to go pick out my outfit for the casting....
Lauren writes at The Albrecht's Blog and also shared a guest post on here last week titled "How to add a little Southern Charm to your life, no matter where you live" that readers loved! She is married to her best friend and they recently moved to New Hampshire. She totally motivates me to actually likerunning and just be a better, happier person. If you haven't already you need to go check her out - she's one of my fave reads!