This week, I am thankful for my husband. I mean, I love him every week but this week especially, I was feeling so taken care of. After my accident, the "emergency tub" that I keep in my trunk was cracked and missing a few of the essentials. It's a tub that my dad got for me years ago for things like gloves, a screwdriver, a tire pressure gauge, and other things that I may or may not know how to use. Before I even got home from my weekend, Parker had already bought me a new tub, replaced the missing things, and included Dove chocolates. Also, he painted our dresser red, which has been on my to-do list since... like... August. I mean, only half of it is red so it looks a little weird for now but he ran out of time to finish it on the weekend and it's the thought that counts. Also, he wrote my blog post for me yesterday. Needless to say, I am so thankful! And so very happy it's Friday.
1. We got our first "real" snowfall on Wednesday. I'm not going to lie, the snow flurries can be a little pretty; and I couldn't imagine Christmastime without all the white. But the below-zero temps can get lost.
2. Went through the commercial lane in the drive-thru at the bank on Thursday. The teller told me I either needed to use another lane or come inside because the drawer was frozen shut. Again, the snow flurries can be a little pretty, but the freezing temps suck. #nodakprobs
3. I spent my Thursday evening water-proofing shoes with Protect-All spray. It's not that fun but having 3 new pairs of shoes sure is.
4. Did some Christmas card research this week. Do you send Christmas cards to family + friends and, if so, where do you order them from? I found a few websites whose cards I love, but I'm too cheap to spend over $1.00 per card.
5. We're heading "home" (to our hometown) this weekend. After last week's bummer-excitement and the craziness that ensued this week I'm looking forward to shopping with my mom (again!) on Saturday, relaxing, doing a little car shopping, and watching my hubby's youth hockey team's games.